Tuesday, July 14, 2015

Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers

Before I write anything, just let me tell you, it feels like there has been an explosion of heat outside! It's not as hot as yesterday, but it's still pretty hot. Up north here, we don't get that many really hot days, so we are not necessarily that used to them. Okay, so enough of that! Here's what I really sat down to write about.
Fred Astaire and Ginger Rogers are definitely one of Hollywood's best dance pairs. 
If you haven't seen one of their movies before, you are missing out! In the 1930's, during the Great Depression, they were very popular. They helped to launch the musical film business and keep it going during times when money was tight. 
Even though they weren't married in real life, and I don't think they ever really had a romantic relationship with each other, they do a great job of being a couple on screen. 
They did lots of movies together. I think the first Fred Astaire Ginger Rogers movie I saw was Follow the Fleet.
There's a dance in this movie where Ginger Rogers wears these really heavy beaded sleeves.
During the dance, Ginger somehow swung her sleeve in front of Fred's face and kind of knocked him out. They still kept going though, and decided to keep this take since it was so good!
Here are some pictures from some of their other movies.
Swing Time
Shall We Dance
I love this roller skating dance.
 

Top Hat
Such a cool picture of that dress
By the way, I think I heard that Fred really didn't like this gown because it shed feathers everywhere.
Roberta
That's all for today! I hope you enjoyed this post, and if you haven't seen a Fred Astaire Ginger Rogers movie yet, then see one!

 

 
 
 
 



 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment