Sunday, July 5, 2015

Books: Classic Female Authors

I stuck to my promise, and I am writing yet another blog post less than a week after I wrote the last! Also, for more exciting news, I have figured out how to pin my blog posts onto Pinterest!

Books are great. They transport you into a special little world, one where you can put yourself into any situation and become any character. Unfortunately, in today's tech savvy world, many people disregard the immense enjoyment good books provide. While having these thoughts earlier today, I became inspired to write about some of the great classic female authors in hopes that some of you will take advantage of you extra time during the summer and read a good book. 
Jane Austen
Jane Austen is definitely my favorite classic female author. I read Pride and Prejudice when I was thirteen, starting my love of classic British literature. Jane Austen knows how to use wit, romance, and humor to create exceptional writing. Honestly, there's a certain quality I find in every one of her books that I don't find anywhere else. I guess it's just her intriguing writing style! Pride and Prejudice is probably my favorite Austen work, but she also has five other novels that are definitely worth a read! Don't let yourself be held back by the fact that these books are studied in school! These books are studied because they're so good!
Charlotte Bronte

I've only read one of her books so far, so don't consider me a Bronte expert, but I can tell you that Jane Erye is definitely worth a read! It starts out a little slow, but once it got to the plot, I couldn't put it down! It's an interesting romance between to people who are about twenty years apart in age. Even though it's technically a romance, I wouldn't go so far as to call it a love story because it has a lot of other pieces and literary elements tied in. 
L M Montgomery
This novel will always hold a special place in my heart as one of my favorite childhood books. I don't know how many times I've read the series. No matter what age you are, you can always read the Anne of Green Gables books. There are eight in the series, starting from one Anne is eleven and continuing until she's around her mid to late forties. Anne is certainly one of the funniest literary heroines with the most extensive imagination! L M Montgomery also has plenty of other great books. Most of them are set in the Prince Edward Island - Nova Scotia area. 
That's all for today! Comment below with suggestions for future posts! 
  
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment